Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Sweet Peas

I've spent the last several days getting four kids ready for school. While the massive outlay of cash is a heavy blow the craziness of making sure everyone has everything is the worst part. Supplies, outfits, shoes, ziploc bags, ear buds (!), AAA batteries (!) and boxes of tissue. To label, not to label? It's exhausting.

My respite has been when I slip outside to my garden for my daily harvest. For a brief moment everything is peaceful. How bad can it be when you have sweet peas to cut in August? Not to mention the tomatoes, pole beans, beets, squash, chard, herbs and carrots.

The kids are excited to start school and in a few days it'll just be me and the dog. It's been a busy 13 years. Having them all in school is bittersweet. Henry is so excited to be in kindergarten, I am truly excited for him. I'll miss him dearly and still can't seem to remember that when everyone is off to school Henry and I won't be together. I am overwhelmed with what I perceive will be tons of time on my hand. This could go one of two ways. I'll be so busy, I won't know how I got through the day before or I'll be panic stricken as to what to do with all of my free time. Lord, knows I have enough to keep me busy with projects and hobbies alone but the prospect of actually accomplishing some things that seem to move from list to list is daunting, too. I think it'll all work out.

I'll enjoy my time and my sweet peas hope they will continue to bloom - in school.

1 comment:

judipatootie said...

just browsing..love your sweetpea photo, they are my fav flower.. thanks fo sharing