Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This Small Object = I Love You

The first time I went to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago, I met the friend of a friend of a friend. Sarah Neuburger, the artist behind The Small Object. She makes lots of limited addition small things, one more inspiring than the next. What struck me the most that day, was a little wooden post card screened with a day brightening image. I knew I wouldn't want to part with it and so I hatched a plan.

This sweet little postcard moves through our house, hidden in secret spots where, eventually, it will be found. The recipient then hides it for a brother, sister, mother or father and the game continues.

It's become a fun little thing to do and a nice way to say "I love you". Times come and go where our little "I love you" gets lost in the shuffle as sometimes I love yous do. Then one day, when we least expect it, someone find it in an apron pocket or back of a drawer and off it goes again.

I hope this will be one of those great little memories my kids share after I am gone. Wouldn't it be wonderful it they continued this tradition - wherever they may be?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ahhhhh, that is so darn sweet!!! I think I'm going to start that tradition.

Got your email about the cooking class and I LOVE the menu. The girls will love it too. Can't wait until the 26th. Will send a reminder out soon.

Take care Jen! And thanks for trying to leave a comment on my little blog. :)