Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fun Color in Winter

Sometimes one needs a little party in the midst of the grayness of winter to perk things up. In this case, I needed to plan a little party to sweep it away. Ella, what a lucky girl, got to invite some of her best friends over for some typical 4th grade girl fun and a beautifully set table, if I do say so myself.


We started at Michael's for some inspiration. This awesome scrapbook paper was the perfect place to start. Fun placemats and super inexpensive. Chenille-y ribbon and candy lip gloss dress up the table, too. The cute flower candies were a clearance shelf score.


The color scheme for our party came from a Martha Stewart paper bead kit. The paper flags were pre-cut and have a sticker on the point, roll them on to a bamboo skewer and done. No glue. The girls used the beads to make necklaces and bracelets.


After the table was set, I was rooting through some serving pieces and came across this wonderful tablecloth, a birthday gift from the wildly talented Carol. Check out her blog for glimpses into her million other talents. Ella and I looked at the cloth, looked at the table then quickly undressed it to add it to the mix. It looks like it was MADE to go with the paper.


The girls drank a berry-ginger punch and snacked on the little raspberry heart pies I shared in an earlier post. I had fun designing the table and making the snacks. The girls had fun giggling, snacking and making beads.

Mostly giggling.

1 comment:

Georgine said...

I wish I were in 4th grade and one of Ella's friends! Looks a wonderful party.