Sunday, May 9, 2010

In The Fairy Garden

There is a wonderful garden shop in Geneva called The Pure Gardener. It's housed in a 1920's gas station and that's just the beginning of the wonderful. It's a place of inspiration - beautiful flowers, container gardens, organic herbs and veggies. There are seeds and pots and worm bins. Organic fertilizer and reclaimed barn would table gardens. Craig is a treasure trove of information and very willing to share. Annette a patient and talented designer. Check out their blog full of great ideas for your own gardening escapades.

One of my favorite things to see are the fairy gardens planted with beautiful, tiny plants and diminutive accessories. In all honesty, I am not a fan of fairies. I think they are scary and I don't really want them in my garden. I do, however, really like their stuff.


Last week at the flea market, I found this great vintage pickle jar with a wooden handle. It came planted with some angel tears and moss. The perfect spot for a fairy garden and springboard for creativity.


I treated myself to trip in search of additions for this little garden. I came away with a chair, tiny hoe and mossed urn. The green pebbles and euonymous completed the scene. It makes me so happy.


I stopped in my favorite thrift store looking for interesting containers to turn into tiny gardens. This restaurant china fruit dish made a sweet garden for my mother-in-law. I chose Irish moss, magenta alyssum and bit of sweet woodruff to surround another chair and twig stepping stones.


As may be expected, I am addicted to creating these scenes and small scale gardening is immediately gratifying. There are certainly many fairy gardens in my future.

I just hope fairies don't show up looking for a place to crash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow - so cute! I've been dying to make something like a little terrarium and this is so inspiring!

Georgine said...

So cute!!! I love the little chairs.