Monday, December 6, 2010

What's In Santa's Bag?

While preparing for a kitchen gifts class the last several weeks, I poked around my own cabinet of goodies, dollar stores and big box stores for cute presentation ideas. The best part and best presentation idea came from an impromptu visit to a great little shop by the name of Peaceful Parlour. This new addition to Geneva is the ONLY place in the Chicagoland area to pick them up.

It was there I found my new favorite thing just in time for Christmas. Abeego makes lovely hemp/cotton fabric infused with beeswax and plant extracts then fashions it into adorable snack bags. Check out the sweet details.


Give one filled with homemade treats. The lucky recipient can re-use it for leftovers, lunchboxes and snacks on the go. Cool, huh? They make "flats" too. Round or square in three various sizes. Fill an inexpensive glass bowl with your signature dip and top it with a round for your favorite hostess. Less plastic wrap. Nice.


So guess what the other best part is?

In the spirit of giving and because I know you've been good, I am going to give one away. Leave a comment and at the end of the week, I'll draw a lucky winner from Santa's bag.

Ho!Ho!Ho!

4 comments:

Carla said...

I bought one of these and do love it - wish I would wake to it being filled with YOUR handmade treats!

Unknown said...

how about say the person to stop by your house in the morning to take Ella to school at 8:00 gets it?? <3

Georgine said...

Sign me up and please add some of your homemade caramels. Thanks for the opportunity! Oh and we got a great (and cheap) mirror at the Peaceful Parlour. Cute Place.

Linda said...

looking forward to trying to make the carmels, marshmallows and many of the other gift ideas I learned in the gift class.
THANKS