Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Cha-Cha Slide Friday!


It's no surprise that I love a house full of kids. It may also not be a surprise that I am somewhat of a dork and relish nothing more than doing dorky things with kids. Okay, maybe acting like a dork and making them do dorky things. All in the name of fun.

Awhile back after school on a Friday, Jake and I were listening to music in the kitchen and decided to do the Cha-Cha Slide. Familiar with it? The Cha-Cha Slide by Mr. C is the line dance sweeping roller rinks and weddings across the nation. (ha!)

It of course followed that the Cha-Cha Slide became obligatory on Friday after school - no matter who you are.


To date we've had just over a dozen partake of this Friday ritual. If you are here, you must dance. Oh yeah, we all dance in the kitchen.

Get funky with it!


They get better every time as does the level of enthusiasm.

Two new cross country kids did their inaugural dance last week. Good sports and a great group of kids!

The best part is the "regulars" know to expect it and actually look forward to it.
I love that almost as much as I love that they are here.

Happy Cha-Cha Slide Friday!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love it. And I love how you embrace having all those children in your kitchen and life (without having a small panic attack!). I'm going to take lessons from you...

Also, let's talk soon as I still have your children's halloween book! Wish Jake good luck with cross country!