Friday, April 29, 2011

Again with the Quinoa

I've written before about my love for quinoa. It's a wonderfully healthful ingredient (technically a seed) that is incredibly adaptable. Add to soups, bake into muffins or make a really tasty salad.

I didn't anticipate documenting this as a recipe so the pictures are lacking a bit. This was part of the meal we all made together but is worth a spotlight of its own. Pictures which illicit drool or not I will forge ahead.


There are several varieties but I've only cooked the red and white. The red is more nutritious. Colorful Food = Good For You Food.


Caramelized onions make for a delicious layer of flavor.


Celery and fennel. Add and stir.


Next Ella added the apples, walnuts, dried cranberries and Gouda.


Finish with a light vinaigrette and arugula (my favorite) and it's ready to serve. Packed with super nutritious stuff and delicious

You really must try this and since it's rather lengthy I will provide the link. It's from my favorite food magazine. - Fine Cooking. Read more about my some of my other favorite FC recipes here, here and here.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm bookmarking this recipe for the weekend.