Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've begun working toward getting the yard back in shape. After a few years of not giving it the attention it needed and a having a patio poured last year, it's really suffered. I really enjoy working in the yard and spending time getting my vegetable garden together.

The other bonus of this favorite pass time is getting to spending a bit more time with my girls. Nothing makes me happier than watching them in the yard. They each have special personalities and habits making for fabulous entertainment.

While checking out what needed to be done, I stumbled across this.


No, she's not dead. She's bathing.


While it's could be construed as voyeuristic I watched them and took a million pictures. It's hysterical to watch them flop around, shimmy-ing in the sand to get it up under their feathers. You'd never believe all dirt would come out but amazingly it does. Before too long they are pristine and refined ladies once again.

I wish I could figure out a way to get the dirt bath thing to work for Henry. Now there's a bonus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just observed this behavior a couple days ago and has to laugh as one of my girls actually rolled over. Who knew chickens could be so much fun!