Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My New Baby

Today while at Woodman's I wistfully breathed in the marvelous fragrance of the itty bitty in the baby aisle. I tried to maintain focus on the task at hand rather than shop for baby accessories I don't need. I swiftly hustled down the aisle, my cart over flowing with food for the large, sometimes smelly and continually hungry. Lingering would have brought the heartache that creeps in when I am reminded my baby days are over.

But never mind, one able to make a baby out of anything...perhaps I should re-phrase that....baby anything I am typically undaunted. Beyond my beautiful children, I mother anyone/thing allowing it.

Junie B.


A beautiful bowl of dough.


A chicken.


Or this little cutie I picked up at the Green City Market.


With tender love and care, she'll make my days brighter, grow toward the sun and someday share little baby figs of her own.

I can't wait.

In the meantime, if you need a sitter, I am in the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your dog. Beautifully written post!