Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two New Favorites

Look what came in the mail Wednesday? I love Amazon. They always seem to know exactly what I want.

I came across Alice's Cook Book by Alice Hart at the library and 5 pages in I was so enthralled I knew I wanted needed to own it. Side note: It was in the house for about an hour before someone aka "I didn't do it" smudged the cover with greasy, dirty fingers. I am trying not to obsess. Anyway, the book is divided into seasons and within season fun ways to entertain. A Bun Supper, Picnics and Happy Camping. Oat Cakes with Ham and Gruyere, Pomegranate Gelatin (big resurgence right now) and Roasted Carrot Hummus. Also, I love the vintage oil cloth inspired spine. It's Amazon.com by the way....


Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It by Karen Solomon is the second book geared towards those of use in dire need of making our own hot dogs, Worcestershire sauce and pickling - everything. I love it and am excited to see new project ideas we have yet to attempt or dream up on our own. Makes my heart go pitter-patter.

Definitely look them up if you aren't muttering how insane the yellow house inhabitants are becoming. Most importantly, check back to see the progress we've made in making our own hot dogs. (Do I sense an Ultimate Hot Dog Project coming on?)

Perhaps you should subscribe? I'd be so grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love new book recommendations!