Monday, October 31, 2011

Culitvate Chicago



A month ago, Chipotle hosted its first Cultivate Festival in Chicago's Lincoln Park. We Downings piled in the truck and headed for the big city to catch this awesome event.

It's important to us we give our kids as many great experiences as we are able. This event was perfect since it was based upon the importance of sustainability and allowed us to put it into practice by eating tacos. Also, it was cheap.


They had terrific activities for kids including stenciling an organic cotton t-shirt with chili peppers and pigs.


Beverages were free including all the faves - Organic Valley Milk boxes, Vitamin Water and Honest Tea. For those so inclined there were many local beers and wine to choose from. My date bought me cool beers.


This interactive piece of educational art was designed by the artist in the picture.  So fun to look with all the great illustrations and farming facts, too.


In the specialty food tent were local veggies, sauces, coffee and hand husked coconuts. Though certainly not local, the coconuts where a cool experience for the kids. They had to have one. Okay, I thought it was cooler than anyone and I think I drank most of it, too. (Have you had Zico?)


There were viewings of Fresh and a textile tent. Did you know they are working on all Chipotle uniforms being made of organic cotton? All day long, bands played and local chefs working with local farmers did cooking demonstrations.

We all had a terrific day...together.

Did I mention the tacos?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this event in Los Angeles. I'm excited about Chipotle as I already love and support that restaurant.